Installing LAMP server on DEBIAN 9
To install a LAMP server on Debian 9 follow these steps:
Startup your debian distro and login as root. First we are going to install de MYSQL or MaridaDB.
- apt install mariadb-client mariadb-server
- mysql -u root -p
- CREATE DATABASE newdb;
- CREATE USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'userpassword';
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON newdb.* to 'username'@'localhost';
- FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Quit the DB and your done installing MySql.
Next we are going to install PHP and APACHE.
- apt install php7.0 php7.0-mysql
- apt install apache2 libapache2-mod-php7.0
- apt install phpmyadmin
To test your server by making a file called index.php in /var/www/html/ with the following content
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
go to your browser and test the server by enter it's ip-address or if you are on a local machine with localhost. It should display the PHP Version information. If not check all the steps to make sure your PHP installation went through.
Now make you installation secure.
Follow the instructions on the screen and set what you need to have.
You now have a working LAMP server on Debian 9.
Your ArtIT Team