Override Office Installation Version Check
If you run an older version of your MacOS chances are that you're not able to update Office anymore. To work arrount this issue you have to download the latest installation package from your Office. Do the following:
- Download latest version of Office
- Extract the Office .PKG file
- Change to the extracted directory and find the file DISTRIBUTION
- Open the DISTRIBUTION file with CotEditor (or anyother suitable editor)
- Find within the file the version of Office (something like <os-version min=“11.0”/>
- Change the version from 11.0 to 10.0.
- Find all version numbers (currently 2 to change)
- Save the file
- open a terminal
- enter the following line
- sudo pkgutil –flatten /'path to your files' /path/to/output/packagename.pgk ←- the name you want to give your pkg
- hit enter
- Find the package ready to go.
If this is not working you may have the option to say that your system is already on the latest version. Doing this you have to:
- Open a terminal on your Mac
- sudo nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
- change the version to the the latest version like
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key> <string>10.5.8</string> <key>ProductVersion</key> <string>10.5.8</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key> <string>10.6</string> <key>ProductVersion</key> <string>10.6</string>
Save the file and install your application.
Your ArtIT Team